Viewing this webinar requires some basic information. This data is only used within SCORE and will not be distributed to any third parties.
Intellectual Property (IP) is one of the most important and valuable assets of a new and growing business. Startups who invest time and resources to understand their IP opportunities and risks, reach their business goals and excel more rapidly. This course will help entrepreneurs and small businesses better understand the different types of IP and steps to protect IP. We will cover the basics of patents, copyrights and trademarks and will identify common pitfalls and potential solutions.
You will learn:
• The different types of intellectual property (trademark, copyright, patent).
• Is my idea protectable by IP?
• Why would I want a patent, copyright or trademark?
• How much does a patent, trademark and copyright cost? How long does each take?
• How will a patent affect my chances of getting funded?
• How much is it worth investing in cultivating and enforcing an IP portfolio?