- Poster Board (at least 2’x3’ for display)
- Assorted magazines, newspapers, calendars,… not necessarily business related, with images
- Glue Sticks, tape or pins to affix images
- A clear mind
- An open creative workspace
Time: 1-2 hours
1. Create a calm, open, creative mood of possibilities by listening to a meditation, music or a grounding story. You can also light a candle. Vision boards can also be done in a group with your work team or entrepreneurial group.
2. Create a mindful destination by quietly presenting yourself with the following questions:
- What opportunities do I want to seize in my work life? What environment do I want in work in? Who do I want to work with? What activities do I want to reduce or avoid?
- What do I want to change regarding my personal life? What healthy habits do I want to embrace? What destructive habits do I want to leave behind?
- Where do I want to live? Any changes to my home or community?
- Where do I want to spend more or less time?
- Start flipping through the assorted visual materials you have gathered. Cut out phrase or images that “speak” to you. Don’t question yourself. Just allow your intuition to quietly guide your attention.
- Past these images on your board with glue sticks, tape or pins. Note: It often helps to first affix larger images for the background and then smaller phrases or images on top.
- You can further decorate the finished product with stickers, glitter, colorful pens and paint, stamps, ribbons. Anything your creativity desires!
- Display on a wall in your workspace to keep you focused on the important stuff in the coming year.